Sunday, January 8, 2012

a gift for lil' cupcake

I attended a baby shower this weekend for mummy-to-be Michelle, who loves all things cupcake. Of course I followed the cupcake theme, and this is what I made to celebrate the coming arrival of lil' cupcake:

A cupcake onesie - I used spotted pink corduroy fabric to make the cupcake pan and then gathered and sewed lace onto the onesie to resemble cupcake icing. I added a lil' bow and it was done... easy as that!


Stretch headband - I used stretch lace for the headband and then gathered some pink lace into a rosette. I added a pearl to the rosette and hand sewed it to the headband.



Sock cupcakes - I used 4 pairs of Bonds Bamboo cuff socks and interchanged them so there was a glimpse of white and pink in each cupcake. I think they're perfect for a cupcake themed baby shower!



I think they look so cute together!


Cupcake card - I used the corduroy remnants from the onesie and sewed a cupcake onto plain white cardstock. Simple yet effective. 


Wrapping - I had intended to use pale pink ribbon but out of the hundreds of ribbons in my drawer... not one in pale pink! I had to turn to Plan B - I used the corduroy remnants from the onesie and sewed 2 straight lines down the length of the fabric. I pulled the thread at each end and voila, instant ruffles. I'm so glad I didn't have any ribbon because I think this looks so much cuter!



So there it is, a little handmade addition to Michelle's baby shower! It was a lovely afternoon and I loved all of her handmade touches too!

Michelle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment