Sunday, April 29, 2012

the cake's a winner!

The only thing harder than buying a gift for a man, is buying a gift for my Dad!
At 58, he has everything he could possibly need (and more) and anything else he wants is bought the moment it flashes into his mind.

So as you could imagine, I've racked my brain thinking of an original gift that he'll love and not toss aside the minute he sees his birthday cake. But nothing. Not an iota of an idea! So off to Bunnings I go for yet another gift card... ho hum.

So to distract from the lack luster gift, maybe I could create something special?

First the card...

I started with a brilliant idea but turns out I didn't have any of the materials I needed. So this is what I ended up with:


Hmmm... not off to a great start! Boring present, dud card...

But then I stumbled on a brilliant idea on Pinterest. It was so easy to make and I think it's a winner!


What do you think? Dad LOVES Kit Kat's, Mum LOVES cake and who doesn't love Smarties?
It's the perfect cake for my Dad's birthday and I have to admit, I think it looks brilliant!


Let's just hope it is so glaringly brilliant that it distracts Dad from the rest of his present!

Happy birthday Dad!

Michelle xx

1 comment:

  1. Michelle, the cake looks absolutely delicious and you you are so amazing. I think you are incredibly creative and blessed with the gift of being able to give. I love your blog.

    JJ

    ReplyDelete