Saturday, July 14, 2012

do what makes you happy, he says...

I never thought the time would come where I would lose my passion for everything I love doing. 
Never in my wildest dreams.
But ever so suddenly, that time came.

Over the last two months I have faced the prospect of losing a person I have loved and looked up to every single day of my life. Each day has been filled with quiet sadness, an overwhelming feeling of disbelief and indescribable numbness. So numb that everything that once brought me joy began to feel meaningless.

But while sitting with him the other night, a tear in my eye, he whispered quietly:
"Life is too short my beautiful girl. Even at my age, after so many years alive, it feels like there just isn't enough time in life. So do what makes you happy... every day, something that makes you feel happy. Because for now, happiness is here on earth..."

He then held my hand and asked me to share another memory from my recent trip to Bali.
 That's just the man he is.
Even through his pain he has always been so beautifully motivated to enjoy every humble moment in life. And to enjoy every humble moment in the life of his family who he cherishes with every ounce of his being. 
He always has and always will.

So with that sentiment, how could I not dip my lil' feet back into what once brought me happiness?
 The inspiration may have been lost but never truly forgotten.
And although I don't quite have the motivation or time to embark on a new project just yet, I can start by sharing another of my creative endeavours.
Photography.

So these Bali photos are for the most inspirational man I know.
This is me doing what makes me happy.
This is me remembering to cherish everyday and everything.





 






 


 









  






Michelle xx

2 comments:

  1. Mich.... You are amazing and inspiring in all you do ... It is people like you that "make a house a home" by filling it with love n natural kindness. It is people like you that keep the darkness at bay.... Knowing you had made me better person xx

    ReplyDelete