Wednesday, February 22, 2012

minky love

I just can't resist the super softness of minky fabric. Aside from new baby skin, absolutely nothing feels softer. And it's the type of feeling that makes your mind linger back to your childhood, remembering the softness of your blanket against your face and how it made you feel warm and protected. Yep, there's just no better feeling.

So now I'm really excited about the February influx of babies because it means I can get out my new stash of minky fabric and make some more pram blankets for the new lil' ones. But this time I've ditched the bland pastels and opted for bright and bold fabrics. Take a look at the first couple of blankets I made over the weekend...


I really love how these first couple of blankets turned out, especially the navy spot one which was made just in time for the Sunday birth of a sweet lil' boy. I think this blanket and bib will be a great addition to the super cute store bought gifts we've chosen for baby Thomas.


A matching card...


And bold wrapping...



Now off to meet this special lil' man! Bye for now...

Michelle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment