Saturday, February 18, 2012

baby sock bouquet

In February alone, I have nine friends expecting lil' ones. Yes, nine! And much to my delight, this has given me a reason to do all the things I love... shop, sew, craft and make cards! 

For the first lil' one I wanted to buy a sock bouquet to add to the rest of her gifts, but was shocked when I noticed they sold for $35-60 and used only cheap quality items. So I thought I could try one myself using some good quality Pumpkin Patch and Bonds Bamboo cuff socks. How hard could they really be? To answer, not hard at all! It took less than 10 minutes and I think it looks pretty close to the professional bouquet's you would order online!


To try it yourself, all you need is at least five pairs of socks, booties or mittens. Roll them into a bud and secure the  bottom of the roll with a small elastic band. I didn't have florist's wire so for the next step, I used small wooden skewers and inserted them into the roll. Wrap the bouquet in your favourite wrap, add some satin leaves and you're done!

Then add a personalised card...


And wrap the rest of the gift in coordinating colors, and you're done!


Now, onto the next gift...

Michelle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment