Monday, December 17, 2012

handmade christmas cards and favors - 2012

This year I momentarily contemplated buying my Christmas cards but then I realised, I have a sister!! So I thought I could convince her to join me in an afternoon of card making. Yes! What a brilliant idea! She would have called it slave labor but I would have paid her with chocolate... I swear! But lucky for my sister (not so lucky for me), she was busy that weekend (or so she says!). 

But after a late night or two, I finished them all!



The card on the right is what I started with but of course I had to run out of gold card and pearls, so I used my left over wrapping paper for the last of the cards and I think these turned out better! Funny how well thought out plans work fine but it's the unexpected things along the way that turn out best.

And here are the favors - A small ring box with white Christmas pearls (truffles)...

   
Last year I added a favor to every card I gave out but I've run out of time this year so I've only made enough for my immediate family. To everyone else I send you something even better... Double the love and best wishes this Christmas!

Michelle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment