Monday, September 12, 2011

rocky road

Today due to very popular demand, I will be sharing my Rocky Road recipe which has been adapted from my great friend Ashleigh Parfuss' ever popular kid friendly version. The recipe is quick and easy to make, easy on the teeth and I guarantee that if you take this to your next bbq or party, there will not be a crumb left to spare! 

Ash's original recipe uses 1 packet of Natural Confectionery Company snakes (chopped into thirds) and 1 cup Rice Bubbles in place of the 2/3 cup macadamia nuts and 1/2 cup Rice Bubbles that I use. I've also tried this recipe using peanuts instead of the macadamia nuts or MnM's and Coco Pops - an absolute must for hard core chocoholics!

400g Cadbury milk chocolate
100g good quality dark chocolate
50g copha
300g Pascall marshmallows (not cooking marshmallows)
2/3 cup unsalted macadamia nuts
1/2 cup Rice Bubbles
1/3 cup coconut

Line a slice tray with baking paper and set aside. Chop the marshmallows in half (refrain from eating them!) and the macadamia nuts into quarters and mix together with the coconut and rice bubbles.

In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and copha until well combined. Remove the melted chocolate mix from the heat and quickly mix it through the dry ingredients. 
 
Pour the mix into the slice tray and refrigerate overnight (or a minimum of 2-3 hours if you're stretched for time). Once the Rocky Road has set, cut it into pieces using a sharp cook's knife (and Ash recommends not telling anyone if a few crumbly pieces happen to fall into the cook's mouth!).
 

I hope you all enjoy the recipe as much as we do - happy munching my chocoholic friends!

Michelle xx
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh I hope since you've adapted from me that I get a chance to taste this version!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete