Wednesday, October 12, 2011

my newest obsession...

I have a shameful secret and it's about time I got it off my chest! For years now, every time I went shopping I would stand with my hands and nose pressed against the window, peering into Wheel & Barrow or House. The object of my affection was a beautiful red KitchenAid mixer and I knew that owning one would miraculously improve my baking skills. But how on earth would I convince hubby to let me spend as much on a kitchen appliance as one would on a cheap used car??

As it turns out, there was no begging or bargaining involved! Hubby turned to me and must have felt absolute pity for me standing in the corner of Wheel & Barrow and staring *sulking* up at the KitchenAid display, because all I heard was "why don't you just get it?". But I wasn't taking the bait that easily! Dozens of ideas flooded through my mind as to why he suggested I get the mixer... Was it to avoid continually being dragged into every kitchen store while I ogled this beauty? Did he imagine I'd bake him every delectable delight while he took control of the television remote? Or did he think I'd say 'oh no honey, it's far too expensive!'. Then I noticed he had turned away and was meandering toward the exit! There was no way I was losing this opportunity so I lunged at the sales woman and said "I'll take it!"

So the order was placed! We didn't agree on getting the red KitchenAid (and I will admit he was right - I'd probably get bored with red as quickly as I've gotten bored with other decorating styles) but he did agree to me upgrading to the brushed nickel. And it was so worth the wait! It only took 8 years to finally convince myself that I deserve this splurge and probably another 8 years of baking for hubby for him to realise it's real value!

Introducing my newest obsession, lil' Mixie:


And no, you can't borrow it, unless of course your name is Bundy...

Michelle xx
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle, i also wanted a Kitchen Aid looking to get one for years, then in June this year we went to the Food and Wine Show, watching Matt Moran cooking in the celebrity theater, Matt Moran called Eleni up on stage to help him cook, he then asked her what she would like and she said chocolate so he said how about we give you this so your mum can make you a chocolate cake, yes Michelle it was a Kitchen Aid, i started to cry i went up on stage to get it and everyone was clapping, it is a Yellow Pepper one, i am getting used to the colour, i use it all the time with the kids, they love it and so do i. Litza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow I'm super jealous! I've wanted one for years too. And like you it's something I've never been able to justify but I will get one, one day!

    ReplyDelete