Saturday, December 31, 2011

loving these december buys!

Admittedly, I have done far too much shopping this month! There were the Christmas gifts, the baby gifts, the gifts for all of the parties in December and January, the Boxing Day sales and of course, a few buys for yours truly. Now I'd love to share them all, but some of my favourite buys have yet to be gifted, so they'll stay under wraps for now! But take a look at some of my other favourite buys and gifts I received over Christmas:


Decorative berry branches - These wooden branches don't look like much now, but wait until you see what I have in store for these (check the blog later this month!). I bought these from Supply and Demand - my new favourite store! They stock excess homewares and decorator items from stores such as Adairs, Bed Bath and Table, Freedom, etc., and I just can't get enough of it! And best of all, they're cheap!


Sunbeam SmartBake - I finally got a bread maker!! I made my first organic wholegrain loaf over a year ago in protest against the $9 loaves I was buying from my health food store. Even though my loaves tasted so much better (and cheaper!), I hated the mess and the time it took kneading and repeatedly checking the dough as it rose. But this lil' baby means no more kneading, no more rise checks and no more mess! And it makes pasta dough and jam too! With all of this yummy bread I'll be baking, I secretly wonder whether my man bought this to benefit me or him?? hehe


Ceramic pie weights - If you enjoy baking like me, do yourself and the earth a favor and buy yourself some ceramic pie weights. They'll last forever and eliminate the waste involved in using new rice or beans each time you need to blind bake your pastry. My lovely sister must have read my letter to Santa because she added these and the Donna Hay Christmas magazine to my Christmas gift... Now I can't wait to start baking!


Glasshouse candle - I received this Christmas edition but I have loved the Glasshouse range of candles for years now... especially the caramel scented candle! These candles are made from non-toxic wax and all natural lead-free cotton wicks, so they're good for you and the environment. I've seen these at Bibelo and Peter Alexander, or check your local stockist on the Glasshouse website.


T2 Relax - Such a gorgeous mix of chamomile, juniper berries, flowers (hibiscus, lavender, rose petals), vervain leaves and lemongrass... I'm already addicted! Get some for yourself at T2.  


The Big Bang Theory Season 4 - I'm not a big TV fan but I absolutely love finding a great series and snuggling up for a few solid hours. My newest TV crush is the Big Bang Theory - An American sitcom based on the contrast between geeky and socially awkward friends Leonard, Sheldon, Raj and Howard and their beautiful neighbour Penny. If you haven't watched it before, grab yourself a copy or borrow mine... it'll have you in stitches!


Leather Journal - Last, but certainly not least, my new gratitude journal. Yes, 2011 was beautiful in many ways but it also brought many challenging moments and decisions. And although I am deeply grateful for all of the blessings in my life, it can be difficult remembering all I am grateful for during the difficult times. So as a constant (grounding) reminder, I really hope I take the time to jot down all of the small things I am grateful for each day. Why not do the same for yourself?

Michelle xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment