Monday, December 12, 2011

simple handmade cards anyone can try!

I'm straying from the Christmas theme just for today to respond to some of your card making questions. It seems many of you have been inspired by the cards you've bought from me recently and want some tips for making some simple handmade cards of your own.

When I'm stretched for time or lacking the inspiration needed to create a more detailed card, I look to my stash of scrap booking paper for inspiration. In fact, any patterned paper, card or even magazine clippings can be cut up and used to embellish your plain card stock. For these cute lil' boy's cards I used the gloss specialty paper, 'chuckle', from Kaisercraft's 12x12 Party Animals Collection. Cut a piece of plain or patterned paper and glue it to your card stock, then cut out your favourite images and mount them on the card using adhesive foam squares/dots. And hey presto, you have a simple yet effective handmade card! It's quick and easy and best of all, it's cheaper than any card you'll buy from the shop!





So that's my #1 tip for making simple, handmade cards! Now it's your turn... and be sure to email me pics of your cards - I'd love to see them!

Michelle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment